What Does an Air Duct Cleaning Have to Do with My Health?
Did you know that, according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), up to 40 pounds of dust and other allergens can collect in your system each year—and more than 40,000 mites can live in each ounce of dust? In addition, large quantities of bacteria, fungi, mold, and other contaminants can accumulate in these “dust bunnies,” which are then recirculated throughout your Eastside home every time your HVAC unit kicks on. For these reasons, the EPA estimates that the air quality inside your home can be anywhere from 2-5 times more polluted than outside.
So, what can you do to effectively address these problems? The answer is simple: A professional air duct cleaning from ComfoClean.
What Are the Benefits of an Air Duct Cleaning?
At ComfoClean, our air duct cleaning services address all aspects of your HVAC system, including the ventilation system, air ducts, primary unit, evaporator coil, and even dryer vents. Because a professional air duct cleaning removes dirt, debris, mold spores, pollen, and other allergens from within your HVAC system, the process provides you with not only benefits to your health, but to your wallet as well.
Benefit #1: First, a professional air duct cleaning from ComfoClean allows air to flow more freely throughout your HVAC system. This means that your unit will not be required to work as hard in order to provide the same level of cooling and heating, resulting in more efficient operation. And more efficient operation means that more of your hard-earned money remains in your wallet.
Benefit #2: Second, air duct cleanings can help increase the quality of your home’s indoor air. This is because the same dirt, debris, mold spores, pollen, and other allergens that causes your HVAC system to operate less efficiently, can also be recirculated throughout your home. As a result, your loved ones—especially those who are prone to respiratory problems, such as asthma—can experience worsening symptoms. In short, an air duct cleaning can help you and your family breathe easier.
Benefit #3: And lastly, a professional air duct cleaning can make your home safer as well. For instance, did you know that 80% of all in-home fires are caused by the excessive accumulation of dust inside dryer air ducts? Because ComfoClean includes laundry room duct cleaning as part of our air duct cleaning process for a limited time, you can rest assured that your home is as safe as possible.
The Air Duct Cleaning Process
ComfoClean provides each of our clients with a thorough, seven-step air duct cleaning process:
- Using specialized equipment, our highly trained technicians will perform an initial inspection and consultation.
- Our specialized vacuum utilizes a HEPA filter to address your furnace, evaporator coil, blower, and vent covers.
- Deep cleaning of your system to remove dirt, dust, and other contaminants.
- Specialized agitation tools are used to remove excess dirt and debris.
- Compressed air is introduced to each of your air ducts, which removes dirt from the previous step.
- Using a Flex-A-Lite Ultra Low Volume Fogger, we’ll disinfect and remove unwanted odors from your entire air duct system.
- After your air duct cleaning is complete, we’ll use our specialized video equipment once again to complete a final inspection and to make sure your system is as clean as possible.
Note: For a limited time, ComfoClean is providing the extra step of cleaning your dryer’s air duct at no additional charge. Call us today to take advantage of this great offer!
How Do I Know if My Home Needs an Air Duct Cleaning?
Because it’s difficult to see directly into your ducts, it can present a challenge to know if your HVAC system needs an air duct cleaning. However, if you’re experiencing any of the following, give ComfoClean a call today and find out if an air duct cleaning is right for you:
- Vent covers are dirty and/or have excessive dust accumulation.
- You’ve noticed and increase in dust throughout your home.
- The presence of wall, ceiling, or carpet filtration lines.
- Your HVAC system is unable to maintain a constant temperature throughout your home.
- A sudden increase in monthly utility bills.
- Your home has undergone a recent remodel, and/or you’ve installed a new furnace or ductwork.
How Much Does Air Duct Cleaning Cost?
ComfoClean offers Air Duct Cleaning for:
- Furnace: $199.99
- Vents: $34.99 per vent
- Dryer Vent: $199.99
Simply complete our easy online estimate and scheduling tool, and we’ll take care of the rest!
And remember: For a limited time, book your air duct cleaning with us, and we’ll clean your dryer’s air duct at no additional charge!